Slightly adapted from Satisfying Eats
Makes 6 servings
1 Lean protein
- 1-3/4pounds of ground meat 95-97% lean (beef, turkey, chicken)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
For Margarita Pizza Toppings
- Sliced Mozzarella (or 2 cups shredded)
- Fresh basil leaves (or dried)
- 3 cups Sliced Roma Tomatoes
- Chopped garlic
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. For easier cleanup, line a 9X13 pan (or larger pan) with tin foil.
In a large bowl, mix together ground meat and eggs. In separate bowl, blend remaining ingredients and spices. Add spice blend to meat mixture. Press meat mixture out into a thin layer to cover bottom of pan. Be sure there are no holes. Bake for 10-12 minutes, set a timer.
While baking, prepare topping ingredients. Arrange toppings on pizza, make it pretty!
Place back in oven for 5 minutes (maybe less, keep your eye on it).
Carefully remove from oven and sprinkle with some shredded Parmesan cheese and cut into square slices.