Preparing for the first day
Tomorrow is the day! You are probably very excited to get started – and
maybe a little apprehensive, too. Here are a few tips that will make the first
day easier for you and ease your anxiety a little bit.
1. Read your Guide from cover to cover today. This came in your
food box. Get it out and read it carefully. This is your instruction manual that
you will refer to time and time again.
2. Take the online Health Assessment Quiz on your health coach’s website.
This will give us a benchmark of your starting point.
3. Clear your cupboards. Today is the day to get rid of all your favorite
foodstuffs that are not allowed on your plan: chips, candies, ice cream, wine,
cheese, dairy products, cakes, breads, crackers, fruit, you get the idea.
Sure, I know you’re determined – but at 3:00 PM tomorrow afternoon you might not
be feeling quite so sure of yourself! So make it easy on yourself and get it out
of the house – NOW.
Put family members on notice that they will have to eat
their favorites out of the house and out of your sight – at least for the next two
weeks until you get your routines well-established.
4. Plan tomorrow’s 1 Lean & 3 Green meal. There are some great recipes on
your health coach’s website or on this website under the recipes category.
Go to the store tonight and get what you need to prepare your L&G tomorrow.
Keep it simple: 5-7 ounces of grilled lean beef, chicken or fish, and 3 servings of
non-starchy green vegetables. That’s it. See pages 4-5 of your Guide for details.
5. Select 6 PCMR meals to take to work with you tomorrow (1 extra), and put
them in a zip lock bag. Just pick up the bag and take it with you on the way out the
door, and you’ll even have an extra meal in case you are hungry or get delayed
6. Take your measurements and your BEFORE picture tonight. You’ll be really,
really sorry if you don’t do this. After you lose weight – and you will – it will be
too late. Do it now! Having this picture will be inspirational!
7. Ask your health coach for the web address of our support site and sign up for
a free account. It’s a treasure-trove of very practical info, including recipes,
blogs and an entire interactive online community. You’ll love it!
8. Be sure and weigh yourself tomorrow morning just before you step into the
shower. This will be your starting weight, and although it’s discouraging – it
will be the last day you see that number on the scale. : ) Send it to your health
9. No exercise for first 3 weeks: If you are not currently exercising, don’t start
now. We recommend that you wait until your body adjusts to the lower
calorie intake, or about three weeks. If you ARE currently exercising, you will
need to cut that in HALF, both duration and intensity. No huffing and puffing
and no going over 45 minutes.
10. Email your health coach tomorrow morning with your Health
Quiz score and your starting weight.
Finally, Get a good night’s rest.