Cilantro-Lime Cucumber Salad
Slightly adapted from The Food Charlatan
Makes 4 servings
- ¼ cup jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 ¾ cups cucumbers, very finely sliced (see photos)
- 4 tablespoons minced cilantro, to taste
- Dice the jalapeno and garlic and add to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Use a whisk to incorporate the olive oil. Set aside.
- Finely slice the cucumbers. Use a mandolin if you have it, but a very sharp knife will do the trick. Add the cucumbers to the dressing and stir together.
- Finely mince the cilantro and add it to the bowl. Stir to combine. You can either let it sit in the fridge to marinate for a couple hours, or serve immediately.
Make sure that you let the salad sit on the counter for a little while before serving if it’s been in the fridge; the olive oil solidifies slightly when it’s cold.