Cilantro Lime Chicken with Zucchini Noodles
Slightly adapted from ifoodreal.com
Makes 3 servings
1 Leaner protein
- 3 large zucchini – total weight `1.75 pounds
- 1.75 lbs boneless & skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp small jalapeño, seeded and minced (leave seeds in for very hot version)
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Cooking spray
- Using a spiralizer or mandoline, make zucchini noodles, transfer into a large bowl and set aside. You can also chop zucchini into any size pieces, if you don’t have the gadgets for making zucchini noodles.
- Preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet on high heat and add chicken. Saute until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add cumin, 1/2 tsp salt and ground black pepper towards the end, stir and cook for another minute. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Wipe clean or wash and pat dry the skillet and return to the stove on high heat. Spray with cooking spray and add zucchini noodles. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and add previously cooked chicken, jalapeños, lime juice and cilantro. Stir gently and serve hot.
Storage Instructions: Refrigerate covered for up to 48 hours.