Baked Shrimp Parmesan
Slightly adapted from http://www.cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com
Makes 4 servings
1 Leaner protein
20 ounces large shrimp (26¬30 count), deveined with tails off
4 teaspoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
7 tablespoons Arriabatta sauce
2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels.
2. Grease a large non¬stick baking sheet with olive oil and spread them out in one layer.
3. Season them with salt and pepper. Top each shrimp with a scant teaspoon of sauce then about a tablespoon of mozzarella, going back over them if needed to use up all the cheese.
4. Sprinkle the Parmesan over them and then drizzle lightly with olive oil.
5. Bake 12 ¬ 16 minutes, you can pull out one of the shrimp to test it and see if it’s done.
6. Heat the broiler and with the oven door open broil for 1 ¬ 3 minutes, keeping a close eye on them, until the tops are browned.
7. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with a salad.