Roasted Cabbage Wedges
4 Servings with each serving being 3 greens – 2 healthy fats – 2 condiments
- Large green cabbage (about 2-3lbs)
- 1 TB. garlic-infused olive oil (or regular olive oil)
- salt & pepper
- 1-1/2 TB. butter
- 2 TB. minced fresh onion
- 1 TB. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- pinch (1/2 tsp.) each salt and pepper
- optional: chopped chives or parsley for serving
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone.
- Cut cabbage half into four equal wedges and set on prepared baking sheet. Use a pastry brush to coat the cut side of each wedge with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn wedges and repeat.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes. Flip the wedges and roast until nicely browned, 8-10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by adding all the sauce ingredients to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the butter is completely melted. Keep warm (alternately, place ingredients in a microwavable container and cook on high for about 1 minute – warm again before using).
- To serve, place the wedges on a plate and drizzle with the sauce. Sprinkle with chives or parsley, if desired.