CrockPot Cabbage Roll Soup
Slightly revised from sugarfreemom.com
Makes 10 servings
1 Lean protein
- Non-stick pan spray
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 5 cups low carbohydrate marinara sauce such as Rao’s
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 5 cups beef broth, low sodium
- 8 cups cabbage
- Heat olive oil and garlic on medium high heat.
- Add onions and shallots and cook until softened.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned and no longer pink.
- Add seasonings to beef and marinara sauce.
- Add the riced cauliflower to the beef mixture and stir until coated.
- Pour the beef into the crock pot.
- Pour beef broth into crock pot and add cabbage.
- Stir to combine everything.
- Cook on high 3 hours or low 6 hours. If you don’t have a crock pot, simply cook ground beef in a dutch oven or heavy soup pot, follow recipe and simmer on low, covered for about an hour until cabbage is tender.