Carb Free Bread Loaf
Makes 4 servings
1 Leaner protein
• 6 eggs, separated
• 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
• 4 ounces sour cream
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder
• 1/4 tsp onion powder
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 cup whey protein powder (I used Jay Robb’s vanilla)
1. Preheat oven at 300 degrees F.
2. Place your egg whites in a stand mixer with the cream of tartar and whip until stiff peaks. Set aside.
3. Place the egg yolks in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
4. Fold in a small amount of egg whites into the yolk mixture a little at a time until it’s all incorporated.
5. Pour this into a greased loaf pan.
6. Bake 60 minutes or until a toothpick or skewer stick in the center comes out clean. (See notes above if you are making rolls, cooking time changes.)
7. Allow to cool before removing and slicing.
8. Best if toasted.
9. Keep refrigerated.