Supreme Pizza -No Crust- Bell Pepper Cups
Makes 5 servings
1 Leaner protein
5 large Green Bell peppers, halved, seeded and cored.
1 cup Organic-low sugar marinara
1.5 lbs Cooked and seasoned 95-97% lean ground turkey breast
½ tsp Garlic or onion powder
½ tsp Italian seasonings
¼ tsp sea salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
6 thin slices all natural low fat provolone or mozzarella, cut in half so that each pepper half only contains 1/2 slice – total weight 4 ounces
1/4 cup sliced Mushrooms
1/4 cup Tomato
2 thin slices Red Onion
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees f
2. Halve your green bell peppers lengthwise.
3. Place peppers in a boiling pot of water for just 3 minutes
4. Drain on paper towels, then, lay them “cup” side up, on a flat sheet pan.
5. Place a few Tbsps cooked turkey, and marinara inside each pepper.
6. Place 1/2 slice of cheese on top of meat, then arrange desired Veggies on top of that.
7. Bake in preheated 375 f oven for about 8-10 minutes…just until cheese is melty.