Sausage and Cabbage
slightly revised from peacelovelowcarb.com
Makes 4 servings
1 Lean protein
• non-stick pan spray
• 1 cup leeks, diced (about 4 oz)
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 24 ounces Jennie-O turkey sausage, cooked http://www.jennieo.com/products/76-lean-sweet-italian-turkey-sausage
• 5 cups green cabbage, cored and sliced
• 1 tsp paprika
• ¼ tsp sea salt
½ tsp pepper
• 1/4 cup Italian flat leaf parsley, rough chopped
• 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, optional
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, spray non-stick pan spay. Add the leeks and garlic to the pan. Sauté until soft and fragrant.
2. Add red wine vinegar to the pan and mix in with onions and garlic.
3. Add sliced, cooked sausage to the pan and sauté until slightly browned.
4. Add cabbage, paprika, salt and pepper. Toss to mix all ingredients together and coat the cabbage with seasonings.
5. Saute until cabbage is wilted and slightly browned.
6. Top with fresh parsley and crushed red pepper flakes before serving.