Pampered Chef’s Recipe
Makes 6 servings
2 ½ condiments
2/3 fat serving
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
• 1 large lemon, cut into ¼” (6 mm) thick slices
• 6 cups Swiss chard, stems diced and leaves chopped into 3″ (7.5 cm) pieces
• ¼ tsp (1 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
• ½ tsp (2 mL) coarsley ground salt
• ¼ tsp (1 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
• 3 bunches broccolini, cut into 4″ (10 cm) lengths (about 2lb/1kg)
• ½ cup (125 mL) chicken broth
• 2 garlic cloves
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
• 1 tbsp (15mL) pine nuts
- Melt butter in a 12″ skillet over medium heat. Add the lemon slices and cook undisturbed for 3 minutes per side. Remove the slices from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the Swiss chard stems, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper to the skillet and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the broccolini and garlic pressed with the garlic press; cook and stir for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the Swiss chard leaves and broth, then cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 6–8 minutes or until the broccolini is crisp-tender and the Swiss chard is wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Top medley with the Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and seared lemon slices.