Shrimp and Crab Creole
Serves 2: One serving provides: 1 lean, 3 green, and 3 condiments.
10 oz Crabmeat
10 oz Shrimp, peeled, deveined (raw)
1 cup Cooked Tomatoes, canned (I prefer Fire Roasted)
1 cup Raw Okra
1/4 cup Peppers, Green
1/4 cup Peppers, Red
1/2 cup Tomato Juice, low-sodium
3/4 cup Water
1/4 cup Chopped Onion
2 sprays Non-stick Cooking Spray
1 tsp Cajun Seasoning
1/2 tsp Hot Sauce
1. Prep the ingredients: Chop the green pepper, red pepper, and onion. Peel and devine shrimp if necessary.
2. Bring a large pot to medium heat and add 2-3 quick sprays of non-stick cooking spray.
3. Add bell peppers and onion. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add tomatoes and low-sodium tomato juice.
5. Stir well until mixture begins to bubble.
6. Add okra, cajun seasoning, and hot sauce.
7. Stir and bring to a boil.
8. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
9. Add shrimp. Continue to simmer until shrimp is pearly and opaque, 3-4 minutes.
10. Add crab meat and 3/4 cup water.
11. Increase heat to medium for the mixture to return to a boil.
12. Remove pot from heat, cover, and let thicken for 5 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy!