Pimento Cheese Roasted Chicken Breast
Makes 5 servings
1 Leaner protein
• 5 boneless chicken breasts, or cutlets that are 4 ounces each
• 2 cups shredded low fat cheddar
• ¼ cup low fat plain Greek Yogurt
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp Salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
• ½ cup diced roasted peppers from a jar – buy the whole ones, as they can be drained and patted dry before dicing
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. To ensure your chicken is tender, place a breast half on a cutting board, center a piece of wax paper or plastic wrap over it and give it a couple of whacks to the thick end using the flat side of a meat mallet or bottom of a small heavy saucepan. This creates a more even thickness that retains juiciness as you won’t be overcooking the thin side.
3. Arrange chicken in a shallow baking dish, season with salt and pepper. Roast until chicken tests for 150 degrees using an instant read meat thermometer, 12 to 14 minutes for whole breasts, 8 to 10 for cutlets.
4. Make pimento cheese by blending cheese, yogurt, garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, and pimentos in a small bowl until creamy and well combined.
5. Remove chicken from oven turn on broiler to highest setting. Using two spoons top each chicken breast with a small portion of the Pimento Cheese