Zucchini Pizza Bites
Slightly revised recipe from sugarfreemom.com
Makes 1 serving:
· 1 lean protein
· 3 greens
· 3 condiments
· 1 ½ cups shredded zucchini
· 1 egg
· 1/2 tsp. Italian Seasonings
· 1/4 tsp. salt
· 1/2 tsp. pepper
· 1/4 cup grated part-skim provolone cheese
· 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
· 1 oz. turkey pepperoni slices
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray a mini muffin pan with natural olive oil cooking spray.
3. Place the zucchini in a clean towel and squeeze as much liquid out as you can.
4. In a bowl mix the zucchini, egg, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and provolone cheese. and cilantro.
5. Evenly divide the mixture into the mini muffin pan, packed down in each cup.
6. Evenly sprinkle mozzarella onto zucchini then top with mini pepperoni slices.
7. Bake for 15- 18 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
8. Allow to cool about 10 minutes before removing. Use a knife to cut around edges to loosen from muffin pan. Enjoy warm or room temperature.