¼ protein serving
1/2 Green – the vegetables for dipping will provide the rest of the Green servings
1 1/3 condiment
TOTAL TIME: 25 MINUTES
PREP TIME: 25 MINUTES, PLUS TIME FOR SHRIMP TO THAW AND DRAIN AND CREAM CHEESE TO COME TO ROOM TEMPERATURE.
• 8 oz. low fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
• 3/4 cup low fat plain cottage cheese that’s pureed in the food processor
• 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
• 2 tsp. celery salt
• 2 tsp. dill weed
• 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
• 1 ½ cup chopped red bell pepper (one large pepper, cut in pieces about 3/8 inch)
• 11 ounces frozen cooked shrimp, thawed and cut in pieces about 3/8 inch
• fresh low-carb veggies to serve with the dip such as celery, red pepper strips, sugar snap peas, cauliflower, broccoli, jicama, etc.
1. Let shrimp thaw overnight in refrigerator, then drain well.
2. Use food processor to blend together the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, celery salt and dried dill weed. Remove from food processor and put into mixing bowl.
3. Stir in chopped green onion and chopped bell pepper, then gently fold in shrimp.
4. Chill dip for at least an hour before serving for best flavor.
5. Serve with celery, red pepper strips, sugar snap peas, cauliflower, broccoli, jicama, or other on-plan veggie dippers of your choice.
slightly revised from kalynskitchen