Slightly Modified from closetcooking.com
1 Leanest protein
Pesto Grilled Shrimp
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Marinate Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
· 1/2 cup basil, packed
· 1 small clove garlic
· 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
· 2 tablespoons parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 tablespoon lemon juice (~1/4 lemon)
· salt and pepper to taste
· 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deviened
- Pulse the basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Marinate the shrimp in the pesto for at least 20 minutes, up to overnight, in the fridge.
- Skewer the shrimp and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.