Makes 4 servings
1 Leaner protein
¼ Medifast meal
2 ½ condiments
2 cups fresh spinach leaves
1 ounce low sodium turkey pepperoni sausage
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
4 -8 ounce-skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – pounded to 1/4 in thickness
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 ½ cups petite diced low sodium canned tomatoes
1 package Medifast Parmesan Cheese Puffs, Crushed
4 teaspoons Olive oil (for cooking)
4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Mix crushed Parmesan Cheese Puffs, garlic powder and Italian seasoning in a bowl and set aside
3. Pound chicken breasts flat with a meat mallet. Season with salt, and pepper
4. Place 4 to 5 slices pepperoni, a layer of spinach, 1/4 cheese, and a tablespoon of tomatoes on each breast. Roll up breasts and fasten with toothpicks.
5. “Roll” each chicken roll in the crumb mixture to light coat.
6. Brown chicken rolls in olive oil (5 to 10 min on each side)
7. Place chicken in a baking dish. Stir together some spinach (break with hand), tomatoes, Parm and a little more mozzarella cheese if desired and pour over the top of the chicken
8. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven