Turkey Vegetable Skillet
Slightly adapted from reciperunner.com
Makes 3 servings
1 Lean protein
2 2/3 condiments
- 10 sprays non-stick pan spray
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup green spring onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup zucchini or summer squash, diced
- 1 cup fresh green beans, end trimmed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1/2 t. dried basil
- 1/2 t. dried oregano
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1/2 cup low fat smoked mozzarella, shredded (regular mozzarella, gouda, or smoked gouda may also be used)
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a large oven proof skillet over medium high heat, spray non-stick spray and add in
the ground turkey, break it up until it’s in small pieces.
- Once the turkey is almost cooked through add in the onion and garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute and then add in the rest of the vegetables.
- Cook for another 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables have softened slightly.
- Top the turkey and vegetable mixture with the shredded cheese.
- Put the skillet in the oven and broil it just until the cheese is melted and golden brown.