Slightly Adapted from mamaslebanesekitchen.com
Makes 6 servings
1 Leaner protein
- 3 1/3 lbs of thinly cut skinless boneless chicken breast
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons of plain (Greek) yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 12 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground oregano (or thyme)
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of ginger powder
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- Rinse the boneless chicken breasts with fresh cold water then cut horizontally into thinner cuts of about ½ inch (each breast could possibly be split into 2 slices depending on thickness).
- Mix all ingredients in a blender, add to a bowl and mix well with the chicken, cover and let marinate in the fridge overnight.
- When ready, grill the marinated chicken using a panini/George Forman grill for about 15 minutes on medium heat. You can also cook the chicken on a BBQ grill if so you wish.
- Once cooked, shred the chicken thinly. Served with steamed veggies.
Baking or broiling in the oven will rid the chicken of its juice and must be avoided if possible. Using a panini grill cooks faster and keeps the moisture inside the chicken.