CAULI-RICE TABOULI SALAD
Makes 6 servings
1/2 healthy fat
• 1 small or half a large head to make 3 cups of cauliflower “rice”
• 2 cups diced tomatoes
• 1 cup chopped cucumber
• 2 tablespoons shallot, minced
• 1 cup parsley, roughly chopped
• 1/c fresh mint, roughly chopped
• ¼ cup lemon juice
• 4 ½ oz avocado, chopped
• ¼ tsp salt
• ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Salad: Cut off the tough ends of the cauliflower chop until very fine (size of bulgur grains—you can do this in seconds in a food processor). Transfer to a large bowl and add the parsley, mint, green onions, tomatoes, avocado and cucumber.
2. Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, cumin, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss. Let stand at least 15 minutes to blend the flavors. Serve cold or at room temperature.