Crock-Pot Thai Curry Chicken Meatballs
slightly revised from slenderkitchen.com
Makes 4 servings
1 Leaner protein
½ vegetable serving
• 24oz cooked 95% lean ground chicken
• 1/4 cup almond meal
• 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
• 2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
• 1/2 cup green onions, diced
• 1 clove garlic, minced (divided)
• 2 tsp. ginger, minced (divided)
• 1 tsp. Thai green curry paste (divided, more to taste)
• 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper
• 1 cup light canned unsweetened coconut milk
• 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
• 1/2 cup jalapeno (optional)
- Combine the chicken, almond meal, green onions, basil, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Form into meatballs, making 6-7 meatballs per serving. (about 24-30 meatballs for 4 servings.)
- Stir together the coconut milk, chicken broth, curry paste, garlic, and ginger. Add to the slow cooker. If desired you can also add one sliced jalapeno as well. I used a red jalapeno, but the standard green works as well.
- Add the meatballs to the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Taste the sauce and meatballs and adjust as needed. You can add more curry paste and salt to the sauce if you need more heat/flavor since curry pastes vary greatly in flavor.