Crock-Pot Chicken and Spinach Meatballs
Makes 6 servings
½ Lean protein
2 ¼ condiments
• 1 pound ground chicken thighs
• one large egg
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• ¼ cup yellow onion, grated
• ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
• 1/4 pound baby spinach, finely chopped
• 1 (25-ounce) jar Organico Bella Marinara (or a low carb version with 5g carbs or less per serving)
• 2 ½ cups zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash for serving
· Combine ground meat, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes into a mixing bowl.
· Add in crushed garlic.
· Use a fine grater to grate the onion right into the bowl. Discard any large pieces that fall off or are too difficult to grate.
· Finely chop parsley and spinach and add meat mixture.
· Mix until well combined and roll into golf-sized meatballs. You should yield 12.
· Gently place each meatball into the slow cooker, allowing for some room around each one if possible.
· Cover with marinara sauce. Set slow cooker to low for 6 hours (or high for 3 hours). Serve over zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash and Enjoy!