slightly revised from easyanddelish.com
1 Lean – 1 Healthy Fat – 2.5 Condiments – Per Serving
- 3 cups fresh asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Ground black pepper to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 8 Tablespoons Reduced Fat grated Parmesan cheese
- 25 large raw shrimp (cleaned, shell off, and tail on)
- 1 lemon, halved
Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place trimmed asparagus onto a parchment paper-lined large sheet pan. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Distribute half the amount of minced garlic on top of the asparagus and then sprinkle ½ Tablespoon of thyme leaves as well as about 3-4 Tablespoons of the cheese on them.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Meanwhile, place shrimp on wood skewers, about 5 shrimp on each skewer.
- Remove pan from the oven and scoot asparagus over to the side(s) to make room for the shrimp skewers.
- Brush shrimp with olive oil and repeat the same process of sprinkling on the spices and cheese using the remaining amount of ingredients.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Squeeze lemon juice on top of the shrimp and asparagus and serve immediately.