Glazed Baked Cod & Asparagus
slightly revised from hungryhobby.net
Makes 2 servings
1 Leanest protein
1 Optional snack
• 4 – 5-ounce pieces of wild caught cod (defrosted)
• ¾ pound thin asparagus (pick the bunch with the thinnest spears you can find)
• olive or avocado oil spray or a Misto
• 1/8 tsp sprinkle lemon pepper
• 1/8 tsp sprinkle garlic salt
• 1 teaspoon sesame seeds to garnish
• ¼ tsp red pepper flakes as desired
For Coconut Peanut Sauce:
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon fish sauce
• 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk (no fillers)
• 1/4 cup PB2
• 1 teaspoon white or rice vinegar
1. Line a large baking sheet with heavy aluminum foil, spray with cooking oil. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Wash asparagus, dry in a clean dish towel. Line them up and cut off the tough ends.
3. Make sure cod pieces are very dry. You may have to dry them with a paper towel. Line cod pieces in a line down the center of the baking sheet.
4. Divide them evenly among each side of the pan, spray with your preferred cooking oil and then add seasonings (lemon pepper and garlic salt) to taste.
5. Make sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a blender or with an immersion blender.
6. Brush 1 tablespoon of sauce on each piece of cod. Sprinkle entire pan with sesame seeds. For a spicy flavor sprinkle cod with red pepper flakes (optional.)
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes until fish is flaky and reaches an internal temperature of 155F.
(Your asparagus should be done too as long as you picked super thin pieces.)